Oxford City Sport in the Community is the charity establishment of Oxford City Football Club.
Working with our community partners, Ignite Sports UK, we aim to achieve the following objectives:
• Provide opportunities to participate in physical activity regardless of background, ability, gender, age or religion.
• Support the upskilling and nurturing of teachers, leaders and coaches in sports delivery.
• Work with local partners to initiate positive social change within the community.
National League Trust Project
We have received funding from the National League Trust to:
1. Engage with young people, with particular focus on girls, to increase their levels of physical activity, self-esteem and sports participation
2. Address the lack of female coaches, role models and leaders operating in and around the charity and wider organization.
3. Connect the charity with local strategic partners and build joint initiatives to benefit the wider community.
What We Can Offer
Please find below a selection of opportunities we currently have available:
- PSHE Assemblies covering a wide range of topics from self-esteem to plastic reduction.
- First Team Staff and Player Visits (limited availability)
- Taster sessions
- P.E. ‘takeover’ sessions.
- Sports Day support.
- Mascot days for men’s and women’s first teams.
- Education workshops focusing on English, Maths or PSHE.
- Work experience placements for aspiring female coaches
Premier League Primary Stars
Working alongside the National League Trust and Premier League, Oxford City Sport in the Community are able to offer local primary schools unique opportunities as part of the Premier League Primary Stars programme. By becoming a partner school, your school will be eligible for the following:
• Upskilling and mentoring of staff delivering sport within the school.
• Class education days at Court Place Farm.
• Tournament hosting support, including exclusive access to our 4g facilities.
• Interventions focusing on life skill development, English, Maths or PSHE.
• Education Workshops
This initiative is completely free to all partner schools. For more information e-mail: email@example.com